There are heaps of ways we can help with your homework or research. Check out the list of links below, and if you don't find what you're looking just ask a librarian - we're always happy to help you find a book, a database, or point you in the right direction.
- Library Catalogue - you can search for books in the library by using the search bar at the top of every page of this website.
- Anyquestions.co.nz - you can log on to anyquestions.co.nz between 1pm and 6pm, Monday to Friday to talk to a librarian about your homework. They won't give you the answers, but they will help you find the answers you need.
- Manyanswers.co.nz - sister site to anyquestions, with answers to some of the most common homework questions.
- WickED.org.nz - wicKED is a New Zealand website with interative activities in English and te reo Māori here, together with online learning activities like crosswords and quizzes, an online storybook, story creation tools, a student gallery, and lots of student-centred themes and hot topics.
- PressReader - got current events homework? Log into PressDisplay using your library card for access to over 800 newspapers from New Zealand and around the world.
- New Zealand Geographic - New Zealand Geographic brings you NZGeoTV and NZ Geo Archive with a tutorial Tutorial to help you become familiar with the range of content and ways to browse it.
Users can also sign up to the weekly Connect Connect newsletter full of new content and news and background reading.
The click through links allow you navigate straight through to any article which interests you.
- Student Resources In Context - log in with your library card to search for resources by topic (e.g. history, literature, geography). Includes a multimedia gallery with photos, graphs, maps, and sound and video clips
- SparkNotes - SparkNotes is a cool website with heaps of clear, helpful resources to help you understand books, write essays and study for tests
- Statistics New Zealand - check out this site for stats on New Zealand and our people
- Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand - Photographs, sounds, moving images, documents, graphs and maps make up Te Ara - an online encyclopedia of New Zealand with significant Māori content.