For adults we have a range of:
- Popular fiction collections
- Maori collection
- Information books on a wide variety of subjects
- Ebooks and audiobooks
- DVD and Blu-Ray discs
- Talking Books
- Local History
- Large Print
For Kids We Have…
- Board and Picture books
- First readers' and chapter books for older kids
- Te Reo Maori books
- Books for teens
- Information books & great stuff for school projects
- DVD and Blu-Ray discs suitable for kids & teens
- An annual 'summer reading programme'
- Visits from schools, kindergartens and home schoolers are welcome – bookings required.
- Reference Materials
Our range of reference materials includes:
- Local Electoral Rolls
- Encyclopedia and atlases
- Local Telephone Books
- Council Documents (Agendas, Minutes, proposals etc)
- Enviroment Waikato Policy Documents
Newspapers (Hard copy)
Each library has the New Zealand Herald and Waikato Times delivered daily. Also available is the Matamata Chronicle & Piako Post and a limited range of other New Zealand papers.
Internet & E-mail
Free internet is available in all three libraries, with 30 minutes guaranteed per person per day, thanks to the Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa
All three libraries are a free WiFi Hotspot
Each library has a 'self serve' black & white photocopier. See charges and loan periods for more information.
The Librarians welcome feedback. Suggestions and requests for 'Books to Purchase' are welcome. E-mail or phone your nearest library.