The first time you use OverDrive, you will need to download some free software to your computer or mobile device (please note that Library eBook downloads are not compatible with Kindle at this time.) You will only need to do this the first time you use OverDrive or if you want to use a new device to access your eBooks and audiobooks. Note that you may also need to activate this software - if you are having problems, go to the 'Quick Start Guide' under the help menu.
To access the OverDrive website click on the button above and log-in using your Library card number and PIN.
What you will need
- An internet (or wifi) connected computer or mobile device (note you cannot use computers in the library to download Overdrive titles, but you can use our wifi to download to your mobile device).
- Your library card and PIN. If you do not yet have a PIN please contact the Library so staff can set one up for you.
- Free software for PC or Mac: Adobe Digital Editions (eBooks) and/or OverDrive Media Console (audiobooks) - available here.
- Free software for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or Android - available from the Apple App Store or Android market. Get them here.
What you can do
- Download eBook or audiobooks from home at any time.
- Transfer eBook titles to your computer or portable devices such e-readers and smartphones. eBooks are compatible with most e-readers and mobile devices except Kindles.
- Transfer audio titles to your computer or portable devices such as an MP3 player or iPod.
- Burn some audiobook titles to disc.
- Avoid extended loan charges — the items self expire or you can return eBooks early if you have finished with them.